Library Youth Support Officer
About the Opportunity
A permanent part-time opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate to join City of Darwin in the role of Library Youth Support Officer.
In this position you will engage with children and young people from culturally diverse backgrounds who live, work, study and play at our libraries. As a Library Youth Support Officer, you will provide high-quality customer focused library services working with and supporting the Children & Youth Services team in the delivery of library programs, events, and services. Most excitingly, you will develop, facilitate, implement, and evaluate a broad range of library and learning programs and activities for young people.
This role will require you to work Tuesday - Saturday, 58 hours per fortnight. There may be some flexibility on occasion with start and finish times around our library programs.
Some Key Areas of Delivery will include:
- Ensure Library customers are provided with a positive, proactive, and responsive customer service experience.
- Assist with the planning and organising of children and youth services, programs and special events to a diverse community.
- Actively engage with young people to encourage optimum positive use of the libraries.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of socially inclusive, innovative, and engaging library programs and services for young people.
- Use innovative methods to promote and market young people's programs and projects to connect with new audiences.
- Build relationships and engage with community organisations and groups at the local level to inform the development of programs and services.
- Prepare and deliver online and outreach programming for children and youth.
- Conduct library programs for children, including story time sessions.
- Maintain procedures for the Children & Youth Services team and ensure consistency across the library service.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Library and Information Services, Community Services or equivalent
- Minimum two years' relevant experience
- Possession of a Class C Drivers Licence.
- Current NT Working with Children Clearance (OCHRE Card).
Why join us?
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. You will align with and flourish in a fast-paced environment that focuses on strategic outcomes and embraces collaboration and innovation.
Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $70,923 (pro-rata) plus superannuation per annum.
And most of all, you'll know that you're helping members of your community with services that will greatly enhance their quality of life when it has never been more valuable.
For other essential and desirable requirements, please refer to the position description.
Don't delay. Make a difference. Apply now.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 3rd October 2022