Capability & Learning Manager
About the role
The Capability & Learning Manager (CLM) will provide subject matter advice to the Executive Manager Human Resources & Safety as well as general managers and program executive managers in design, delivery, and assessment of learning, and corporate culture, organisational and structural change, and employee development.
It's an exciting time at City of Darwin (CoD) where no two days are the same. As the CLM, you'll wrap your arms around several exciting projects and associated tasks, including but not limited to:
- The implementation of an integrated Learning Management System (LMS) from tender, to selection and implementation.
- Developing a learning and development strategy and scope of work to support the organisation in reaching its strategic and operational objectives.
- Re-imaging and overhauling our employee onboarding program, tailored to a highly diverse workforce that is dispersed across different work locations across the CoD Municipality
- Leading the development of tailored programs to develop emerging and established leaders across the organisation.
- Providing specialist advice, consultancy and thought leadership to the design, development, and implementation of a suite of Enterprise Capability and Leadership programs.
- Establishing ongoing data collection to measure impact, effectiveness, and ROI of learning and development initiatives, and create insights which inform decision making and drive continuous improvement.
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. In return we offer a competitive renumeration package this position has a package value up to $160,225 per annum, which will be negotiable depending on skills, knowledge, and experience, plus generous leave entitlements.
As our ideal candidate you will possess:
- Extensive experience supporting and implementing change across a medium size to large organisation.
- A superior ability to engage with and influence a broad range of stakeholders across multiple hubs in a geographically dispersed business with a highly diverse workforce.
- Strong team orientation and ability to deliver on both, a strategic level alongside rolling up your sleeves to e.g. facilitate training and support the business's transformation journey at all levels.
- Adaptability and resourcefulness with the ability to work in a large, complex, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Evidence of a collaborative and inclusive approach as a member of a high functioning leadership team, with the ability to coach, mentor and develop a small high-performing team of learning specialists.
- Tertiary level qualification (e.g. bachelor's degree) in Behavioural Science majoring in organisational psychology, Adult Education or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience at a supervisory / manger / senior level in a similar role in a strategic Capability and Learning capacity.
For full details of the position, please refer to the position description. Applications will close 5pm Monday 10 October 2022. Should you have questions please call Alexandra Vereker, Executive Manager HR & Safety on (08) 8930 0647.
Don't delay. Make a difference. Apply now.
City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment and Psychometric Assessment.