Senior Civil Labourer - Roads & Drainage
- Permanent Full-time opportunity with a paid RDO
- Work life balance
- Make a positive difference to the Darwin community
We have a full-time opportunity for an experienced civil labourer with demonstrated engineering fabrication skills to join our Civil Roads and Drainage team. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to actively participate in the construction and maintenance of the Council's civil infrastructure including roads, drains, footpaths, driveways, cycle paths, disabled access, and public place across the Darwin Municipality.
As an experienced labourer you will undertake Engineering - Fabrication duties such as interpreting technical drawings, performing engineering measurements, mechanical cutting, welding, and other general fabrication tasks. You will also be expected to operate civil related machinery competently and safely such as bobcat, backhoe, excavator, and loader to actively facilitate the effective completion of civil tasks.
As a full-time employee you will be required to work Monday to Friday, eight hours a day. The base salary is $66,408.50 per annum plus superannuation. In addition, there are other benefits such as District Allowance, Adverse Working Conditions Allowance, and generous leave entitlements such as six weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave and a paid RDO each month.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Medium Rigid (MR) Licence
- General Construction Industry - White Card
- Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations and/or Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three years civil construction / concreting experience
- Demonstrated experience of coaching others in job skills
- Work Zone Traffic Management 2 & 3
For full details of the position and other desirable requirements please refer to the position description.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 10 April 2023.
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.